The World Methodist Council is partnering with other organizations in offering training for Young Adults on Interreligious Relations that started in Asia and is now expanding globally. This year’s Young Adult Training for Religions Amity (YATRA) will...
Ecumenical: Interreligious Relationships
The Council of Bishops, shall be in dialogue with United Methodists in whatever countries they may reside, and shall coordinate, explore, and advocate United Methodist participation in regional ecumenical and interreligious organizations.
The Council is involved with the work of the following international organizations:
- Church World Service
- The World Council of Churches
- The World Methodist Council
- The Global Christian Forum
- Religions for Peace International
- The World Evangelical Fellowship
- The Wesleyan Holiness Connection
Interreligious resolutions in the 2016 Book of Resolutions
- #3125 – Holocaust Memorial Day (Yom HaShoah)
- #3291 – Called to Be Neighbors and Witnesses: Guidelines for Interreligious Relationships
- #3292 – United Methodist Guiding Principles for Christian-Jewish Relations
- #6006 – Our Muslim Neighbors
- #6137 – Interfaith Advocacy in Support of Israel/Palestine Peace
For more information about United Methodist engagement in Ecumenical and Interreligious partnerships please see:
- The United Methodist Book of Discipline, 2016: ¶203, ¶207, ¶252.2.b, ¶340.2.d(4), ¶345, ¶403.1.e, ¶419.1, ¶431.1, ¶642, etc.
- The United Methodist Book of Resolutions, 2016: #3144 “Resolution with Intent: With a View to Unity”
On October 2-4, 2019, leaders from all of the major Christian traditions will gather in Montgomery, Alabama, to commemorate the 400th anniversary of the arrival of enslaved African peoples to Jamestown, Virginia (USA). The commemoration is part of ...
Ecumenical staff who serve as church-wide leaders in various denomination met recently and issued a statement on their commitment to end racism. Click here for the statement.