Episcopal Elections 2016 - 2017
The United Methodist Church is divided into five areas in the United States known as jurisdictions: Northeastern, Southeastern, North Central, South Central and Western.
- Twitter: #UMCElections
- Email: Subscribe to the United Methodist News Service Daily Digest
Every four years the jurisdictional conferences meet to elect new bishops to serve the denomination.
The 2016 episcopal elections took place across the U.S. from July 13-16, 2016. View Ballot Results
There are seven central conferences, Africa, Central and Southern Europe, Congo, Germany, Northern Europe, Philippines, and West Africa. Details about those meetings/elections follow:
- Africa Central Conference: Aug. 11-14 (No election)
- Northern Europe and Eurasia Central Conference: Oct. 19-23 View Ballot Results
- Philippines Central Conference: Nov. 28-Dec. 4 View Ballot Results
- West Africa Central Conference: Dec. 13-16 View Ballot Results
- Congo Central Conference: March 15 – 22, 2017.View Ballot Results
- Central and Southern Europe Central Conference: March 8-12, 2017 (No election)
- Germany Central Conference: March 15-19, 2017 View Ballot Results